· By Absurd Snacks
Unbelievable Thanksgiving Hacks: Try These Absurd Recipes for a Flavor Explosion!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Here are two recipes, one sweet and one savory, that uses your favorite flavor of Absurd Snacks.
Air Fryer Apples with Absurd Snacks Crumble - check out our Instagram reel here!
- 2 large apples (such as Honeycrisp or Fuji), cored and sliced into rings or wedges
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
For the Maple Cinnamon Trail Mix Topping:
- 1/2 cup Absurd Snacks Maple Cinnamon trail mix
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the apple slices with coconut oil (or use cooking spray to coat them), ground cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup (or a sugar substitute), and a pinch of salt. Ensure the apple slices are evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned apple slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the apple slices at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through to ensure even cooking. They should become tender and slightly crispy on the outside.
- While the apples are air frying, prepare the Maple Cinnamon Trail Mix Topping. In a small bowl, combine the Absurd Snacks Maple Cinnamon trail mix, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Mix well to coat the trail mix with the syrup and oil.
- Once the apples are done, remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the Maple Cinnamon Trail Mix Topping over the air-fried apples while they are still warm.
- Serve the air-fried apples with the delicious trail mix topping immediately.
Stuffed Acorn Squash with Rockin’ Rosemary Sea Salt Topping
- 2 acorn squashes, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (omit for nut allergies!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt Topping:
- 1 cup Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt snack mix, crushed into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Prepare the Stuffed Acorn Squash:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the acorn squash halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the acorn squash in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
Prepare the Quinoa Filling:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water). Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the dried cranberries, chopped pecans (or walnuts), and dried thyme. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the cooked quinoa and the sautéed mixture, stirring well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the Stuffed Acorn Squash:
- Once the acorn squashes are done roasting, remove them from the oven.
- Carefully fill each acorn squash half with the quinoa mixture, packing it down gently.
Prepare the Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt Topping:
- In a small bowl, crush the Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt snack mix into smaller pieces.
- Mix the crushed snack mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the Topping:
- Sprinkle the Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt topping mixture over the stuffed acorn squash halves.
- Return the stuffed acorn squashes to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the topping is golden and crispy.
- Serve the stuffed acorn squash as a savory and festive side dish for your Thanksgiving meal.
This delicious and savory Thanksgiving recipe combines the natural flavors of acorn squash with the nutty goodness of quinoa and the delightful crunch of Absurd Snacks Rockin' Rosemary Sea Salt for a truly unique and satisfying dish. Enjoy!